Friday, October 08, 2004

Not enough hours in the day!

I know I haven't posted in over a week, but, frankly, I've been a little busy. For example, I've been helping my wife with her blog. I've also been participating in the Change for Kentucky "CFK for a Day" events. I even led the one for Mary Lou Marzian. I'm still hobbling a little from the literature drops, but it's been very rewarding.

I also became the official organizer for the DFA Lexington Meetup. As such, it was my pleasure to invite everyone to the meeting this past Wednesday for a special surprise!

The national DFA folks, impressed by our organization and efforts, sent contribution checks of $1000 each for 11 of the 12 candidates Change for Kentucky endorsed! #12 is running for federal office and, sadly, can not receive DFA contributions.

CFK booked and decorated the library auditorium for a presentation ceremony, and several of the candidates showed up in person to accept their checks (some, unfortunately, were stuck in the special session to resolve Gov. Fletcher's quagmire). They all expressed their thanks for us spending our time canvassing, phone banking, distributing literature, etc. on their behalf.

Afterwards, we served punch and cake to the crowd, and a good time was had by all. The celebration was a real boost for us, heading into this last month of GOTV action. Many of us really needed the encouragement.

I hope that, wherever you are, you're doing something to help a candidate or an issue. It really does make a difference.

Sarah G


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home