Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mr. Pwyll - 1988-2006


I am sad to report that, after a brief but severe illness, we had to have Mr. Pwyll, my feline companion, euthanized. He had a bladder tumor and end-stage renal disease. Yesterday, the vet told us his body was shutting down and he would only live another day or two, max. He was suffering, and we decided to spare him some of it.

There are many, many things I could say about Pwyll, but I'm unable to gather those thoughts at the moment. We did find out, from the vet, that he was born some time in February (her son was born in March of the SAME YEAR). So, he was a full 18 years in age.

Thanks to everyone for their concern. Thanks also to the person who said he would be chasing 72 virgin mice through paradise. I think he'd prefer 72 women petting him, though. :)

Sarah G

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Wanderer said...

May he have the petting and the mice.

I am sorry for your loss.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cats. And your cat will be loved even though he is gone. Blessed Part Mr. Pwyll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home